Skip to main content

The Playground, The Hypocrite and the Learning’s of a Municipal Election



I’ve decided to re-enter the political sphere – having never really left it in the first place and despite saying last year that I would not run this time. 

Admittedly, I was on the fence about running this time.  I wanted to take the summer to make up my mind.   I received lots of encouragement from lots of people and I saw lots of things going on that I thought I could make some contribution to. 

My son Harrison gave me the push I needed. 

He and his friends spent their time this summer in the Town’s two skate board parks.  One afternoon he came home complaining about the fact that rocks were all over the park and that the equipment could be better placed.  I showed him the broom and before he went off with it, I proceeded to give him a ‘sermon’ on the need to make the Town aware – be a part of the solution – make suggestions by contacting the Town’s Recreation Director, Garry Gosse.  

Quickly a calmly he suggested to me that my sermon was nice but - maybe I should apply the same line of reasoning to me and my own concerns - let’s say he pointed out that I was a HIPOCRITE. He was right - I needed to be part of the solution as well. 
        
Anyway, here we go into my second foray into municipal politics.   I learned so much last time and It’s good to see that I am learning lots this time as well.

I love listening and learning – help me listen and learn even more by voting for me on September 24th

About Me:  http://paultilley.wikispaces.com/

PT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are in a Very Different Spot - Finance Minister Wiseman on Budget 2015

Finance Minister Wiseman summed up the Province's 2015 Budget reality succinctly: “We are in a very different spot”.  In a period in which oil is less than half the value than it was a year earlier, “different spot” is may be a bit of an understatement.  Things have changed a lot in a year and the minister and the government is facing some serious challenges.  Minister Wiseman talk to the Clarenville Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday evening focused exclusively on how and why the government is planning to deal with the downturn – while trying to have a minimal impact on the economy.   In his address he covered the following topics – each of which spoke to the basic principles government has looked at in its crafting the budget: ·                   A Culture of Cost Management     A Refocus our Health System           A Refocus of the College of the North Atlantic           A Focus on long range planning for infrastructure with 5 year planning           A Readjustment

The Bare Mountain Centennial Star - College Community Involvement

  Bare Mountain is one of the prominent features of the Clarenville's skyline. It towers some 156 meters above Clarenville’s harbour .  You can reach the peak of Bare Mountain relatively easily along the Bare Mountain hiking trail that can be accessed at numerous points in the town.  At the top, you can overlook most of the town, Random Island and Smith Sound as it leads into Trinity Bay.   Beyond Clarenville residents, people are familiar with Bare Mountain because of the prominence of the large star that sits at its top.   Each Christmas season the star is lit - making it visible from the Highway many kilometers beyond Clarenville's boundaries.   The Bare Mountain Star was a 1967 Centennial project of the Town of Clarenville. The original Centennial Star was designed, welded, wired and assembled by students and faculty in drafting, carpentry, electrical, welding and pipefitting programs at Clarenville campus.  They even helped the Town erect the structure.

Robert (Bob) Fewer - the Clarenville Business Hall of Fame

Robert (Bob) Fewer is a true Entrepreneur.  His success has been through hard work, outstanding service to customers and an uncanny ability to spot and take advantages of opportunities as they emerge.   Because of this, Clarenville Chamber inducted Bob to its Business Hall of Fame this year.  Congratulations Bob! Here's his Bio: