Second, the Resort, the Town and their Partners launched a "one-stop" web space that will be promoted to tourists and residents alike. GottaLoveOurWinter.ca reflects the fact that there is a lot to love about winter here in Clarenville and we want to share its joys with others. Below is a video of the launch. Be sure to check out the website at http://gottaloveourwinter.ca/.
Historical White Hills Resort
You can see some early pictures HERE
What White Hills Resort means to Clarenville
- In excess of 14,000 skier visits in 2012/2013 - and that number is growing annually
- Increased Winter Tourism spending in our community
- 42 Seasonal jobs
- Clarenville has one of the two ski resorts on the island and we are closest to the largest market in St. John's
- Clarenville's White Hills serves as a feeder hill for Corner Brook's Marble mountain
- Helps to attract and retain people in Clarenville
- Promotes healthy living
- Host site for the 2014 NL Winter Games
- Integral to the Clarenville Winter Tourism Strategy
The resort has grown largely because the product offering has grown to make it much more than a Down Hill Ski facility. 40 km's of groomed Cross Country / snowshoe trails as well as dedicated Snowshoe and Cross Country trails all contribute to a great winter experience. This coming year, snowmobilers will join in the Resort's offering as trails are being built to allow for snowmobile access from the Resort to the Trailway and backcountry!
See THE PACKET story "A Mountain of Potential"
Here's looking forward to another excellent year!